Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another Bad Burger King Commercial


When I saw this commercial for the first time, I immediately thought of how it stereotypes both men and women.

The few females in this clip are:
A: a haggard housewife
B: a female EMT enjoying her BK breakfast
C: a seductive younger woman
Basically, women are either housewives, working women who eat breakfast like the men, or carefree and attractive.

Additionally, all of the men in this commercial are oblivious to their surroundings; so intent on getting breakfast and checking out the young lady.

I only saw this once on Hulu, but the next time I saw this commercial begin, it didn't continue the same way. It had both men AND women going to get breakfast. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this video anywhere online besides its alloted 32 seconds on Hulu.

I feel like Burger King continually misses the mark in their advertisements.


I'm not the only one who noticed this...



No comments: