Monday, October 25, 2010

MATT COSTA (sorry 'bout the long post. but this deserves it.)


The evening started out a bit rocky. We arrived after 6:30, even though we all thought the show would start at 6:30. Then, once we got there, we waited in line at Will-Call for an hour to receive our tickets.

BUT, then things started getting good. While we were in line, MATT COSTA WALKED RIGHT PAST ME! I had a mini-heart attack, but was too star-struck to do anything. I was very disappointed in myself. However once we got inside, we were very pleased. We went up to the front near the stage, the opening bands were delightful, and then Matt.

For me, this concert was magical. And that is barely doing it justice.

After a long wait of instrument setup and mic checks, the lights went off. Then, from the back of the room walks in Matt Costa followed by his bandmates playing Miss Magnolia. I got chills! (first time) I also touched him. J They proceeded through the setlist, playing all of my favorites. At one point, Matt was singing Astair alone. (btw, I really suggest you look up all these songs) Then, he moved away from the mic and lowered the volume on his guitar. Chills number two. The room was silent, it was incredible. You had to have been there.

Then Once he came up for his encore, I was really hoping he would play another one of my favorites, Vienna. And, alas, he did! (chills number 3) He played a 4-song encore. And all throughout the concert I was singing and dancing along.

After, we went out and I GOT TO TALK TO MATT COSTA. Yeah, I did. Oh, and I got his autograph on my shirt. Oh, and he called Ashley “babe”. Haha!

It was wonderful. And magical. And I am incredibly happy. I love matt costa. I love music. I love sweet teeshirts. And I am anticipating his next concert that I will definitely attend.


4 comments:

Jamie said...

Who the heck is Matt Costa?

Ashley said...

FINALLY! I was waiting for this post! And I totally get the Astair comment....because I was there...

AliStephenWood said...

it was amazing. i concur.

Karen said...

So much fun! Love the pics!