Sunday, October 3, 2010

May I just say...

General conference was so good!

I mean, it always is. But I really enjoyed watching it this time. I was attentive, took good notes, and enjoyed all of the talks.
However, I was definitely expecting a huge announcement from President Monson. Nearly every speaker gave some sort of advice to follow the prophet, have faith, use our agency to choose the right, etc.
These are some of the (funny/ random) things we came up with that he might advise us:
1. no ear piercings at all
2. no internet (yikes!)
3. no facebook (another yikes..haha)
4. everyone get up and move to Missouri
5. tithing now 15%

Well, needless to say, he didn't say any of those things. But he did give great counsel to express gratitude.

My testimony was strengthened over these past few days. I know that our church leaders are inspired and give us talks that apply to our lives. I am so grateful for this true gospel. I am also grateful for the gift of the holy ghost, the gift of agency, and the blessings of love and faith.
I hope anyone else that watched felt some of the same things as I did.

No comments: